comscore Fire burns Mililani townhouse | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Fire burns Mililani townhouse

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

A fire at a two-story townhouse in Mililani that left a family of three homeless last night was caused by unattended smoking materials, said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

The fire was reported at 10:54 p.m. in the upstairs bedroom of a home at 95-322 Kaloapau St. and was brought under control at 11:10 p.m.

Two adults and a teenager lived at the home and escaped without serious injury, although one resident suffered cuts on their feet from broken glass, Seelig said.

The fire was confined to the bedroom. Damage is estimated at $50,000.

The Red Cross assisted the family with a place to stay overnight.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up