comscore Firefighters put out hot spot at Kalama Valley fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Firefighters put out hot spot at Kalama Valley fire

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

Firefighters returned to Kalama Valley last night to extinguish burning embers at the scene of a brush fire that started on Sunday by illegal fireworks.
An alert hiker noticed smoke and the glowing embers near a trail above the houses on Kamehame Drive about 6 p.m., said Honolulu Fire Capt. Earle Kealoha.
Firefighters doused the smoldering fire within a few minutes. Kealoha said the embers were possibly deep-seated remains of the earlier fire and could have started a fire on the Ewa side of the trail.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up