comscore Water Board's website gives data on construction projects | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Kokua Line

Water Board’s website gives data on construction projects

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

Question: Do you know how much longer it will take to complete the Board of Water Supply projects on the Waianae Coast? There have been ongoing projects for years causing daily traffic snarls and commuter delays.

Answer: Information about Board of Water Supply construction projects can be found at Click on "Community" on the top bar, then on "Construction Projects."

The public can also get information by e-mailing the construction section at, Attn: Construction Section, or by calling 748-5730.

The website features maps that show streets and neighborhoods where water main "renewal and replacement" projects are taking place, said BWS spokeswoman Tracy Burgo.

On the bottom right corner of the BWS home page, there are specific updates on projects along Farrington Highway on the Waianae Coast.

The board thanks Leeward Coast residents for "their continued patience and understanding" regarding the projects along Farrington Highway, Burgo said.

Crews have finished replacing a "vital" 24-inch transmission main that carries about 60 percent of the drinking water into the Leeward Coast, between Haleakala Avenue and Black Rock, she said.

The project is now in its second phase, replacing the main between Black Rock and Aliinui Drive.

"Because this area is outside of a residential zone, work is being conducted at night to help minimize the traffic impact on the community," Burgo said.

Work will be done 7 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. weekdays. The anticipated completion date is March.

Question: In Kalihi, Kamehameha IV Road had a sewer/water project where the road was dug up for a long time. It was just repaved last year. Why have they started digging it up again?

Answer: Sewer "rehabilitation" along Kamehameha IV Road, as well as Rose Street, Richard Lane and Linapuni Street, is continuing.

Ideal Construction is working on the ongoing sewer project for the Kamehameha IV Road area, starting at Kahauiki Street and going past Rose Street, said city administration spokesman Bill Brennan.

Another leg goes up from Kamehameha IV Road up Rose Street.

Work in this area is expected to be completed in about six weeks, Brennan said, while the approximate completion date for all phases of the project is in October. The project cost is about $1.5 million.

The road will be resurfaced.

Question: I lost or misplaced my Social Security card, which I need to get a state ID card. Can you tell me how I can get a new card?

Answer: You can download an application (Form SS-5) to replace your card at

Or call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 and ask that an application be mailed to you.

You can either mail the form, plus the required documents proving your citizenship and your identity, or take them to the nearest Social Security office.

Documents accepted as proof of U.S. citizenship are a U.S. birth certificate, U.S. consular report, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship.

Documents accepted as proof of identity are U.S. driver’s license, state-issued non-driver ID card, or U.S. passport.

On Oahu the offices are at Prince Kuhio Federal Building, Room 1-114, 300 Ala Moana Blvd.; and Halekuai Center, Suite 201, 563 Farrington Highway, Kapolei.

Write to "Kokua Line" at Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 7 Waterfront Plaza, Suite 210, 500 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu 96813; call 529-4773; fax 529-4750; or e-mail


Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up