comscore Candle sets fire that causes $400 damage to Hilo duplex | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Candle sets fire that causes $400 damage to Hilo duplex

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

A candle on a window sill set fire to curtains and a mattress today, causing $400 damage to a Hilo duplex.

Big Island firefighters were called at 2:27 p.m. and arrived to find a police officer and the occupant watering down a smoldering mattress with a garden hose.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up