comscore Quick action heads off fire at UH building | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Quick action heads off fire at UH building

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

 

Firefighters were called to put out smoke coming from an overheating freeze dryer in a laboratory classroom on the second floor of the Agricultural Science Building at the University of Hawaii-Manoa campus this morning.

Honolulu fire Capt. Earle Kealoha said the appliance could have caught fire if campus security had not notified the Fire Department immediately.

The only damage was to the device, Kealoha said.

 

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up