O’Brien revisits tumultuous times
AUSTIN, Texas » Conan O’Brien attended last night’s premiere of the documentary that captured the turmoil he faced in the days after his departure from the "Tonight Show." But he did it grudgingly.
"I personally have trouble watching it because it’s a time in my life that I don’t like to go back to," O’Brien said from the red carpet shortly before the South by Southwest film festival premiere of "Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop."
"I’m happy where I am now. I don’t really need to go back to it. But I made a commitment" to director Rodman Flender.
O’Brien allowed camera crews to follow him during the "Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television" tour, a 32-city music-and- comedy show he embarked on last year after his unceremonious departure as the host of NBC’s "Tonight Show."
It was a tumultuous time for the comedian, who said he didn’t sleep much and lost 15 pounds.
"It might be informative to some people that are going through a crisis," he said. "If it can serve any good for anybody, then fine, then I’m happy."
Sheen’s live shows ‘sold out in minutes’
NEW YORK » Charlie Sheen wants you to know the tickets are gone for his pair of live appearances next month.
The outspoken actor has tweeted: "Fastball; Detroit/Chicago sold out in minutes … Thanks to Sheen’s Cadre..!"
No details about the show have been disclosed, but it’s being billed as "Charlie Sheen Live: My Violent Torpedo of Truth."
Sheen spokesman Larry Solters confirmed yesterday that the April 2 and 3 appearances are sold out.
Early last week the 45-year-old actor was fired from the hit CBS show "Two and a Half Men." He has sued the show’s producers for $100 million for breach of contract.