comscore Unattended cooking fire leaves Kahului woman homeless | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Unattended cooking fire leaves Kahului woman homeless

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

One woman was left homeless in an unattended cooking fire Tuesday in Kahului.

Maui firefighters were sent to the Harbor Lights condominium complex at 111 Kahului Beach Road at 5:43 p.m. and found smoke coming from a fourth floor window, a Maui Fire Department spokesman said.

The fourth floor residents were evacuated and crews brought the fire under control at 6:03 p.m. The fire was contained to the room of origin and caused about $40,000 in damage, the spokesman said.

Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. The Red Cross was helping the displaced woman.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up