An unattended candle is blamed for a fire that destroyed a home in Mauna Loa Estates in the Volcano area of Hawaii island Saturday night.
Firefighters arriving at a corner house at 7th and Pearl streets found the home fully involved in flames at 11:28 p.m., according to a Hawaii County Fire Department news release.
The people who lived in the house were home at the time, but escaped without injury.
Firefighters brought the flames under control at 1:30 a.m. and extinguished the fire at 2 a.m.
Damage is estimated at $210,000.
The Red Cross is assisting the family with housing and other needs.