comscore 'Smoldering fire' extinguished at T-shirt outlet in Halawa | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

‘Smoldering fire’ extinguished at T-shirt outlet in Halawa

  • KRYSTLE MARCELLUS / KMARCELLUS@STARADVERTISER.COM
    Scott Maroney of Crazy Shirts said a drying machine and another machine were damaged.
[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

Honolulu firefighters extinguished a "smoldering fire" Tuesday afternoon at Crazy Shirts factory outlet on Iwaena Street in Halawa, fire officials said.

About 130 employees evacuated the building on their own, officials said.

The fire started in a duct at the building apparently from a heating process to make the T-shirts, said fire spokesman Capt. David Jenkins.

Scott Maroney of Crazy Shirts said a drying machine and another machine were damaged. The outlet will be open for business Wednesday, Maroney said.

The fire was reported at 2:15 p.m., and nine fire companies responded. The fire was out by 2:50 p.m.

No damage estimates have been made.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up