Honolulu firefighters extinguished a "smoldering fire" Tuesday afternoon at Crazy Shirts factory outlet on Iwaena Street in Halawa, fire officials said.
About 130 employees evacuated the building on their own, officials said.
The fire started in a duct at the building apparently from a heating process to make the T-shirts, said fire spokesman Capt. David Jenkins.
Scott Maroney of Crazy Shirts said a drying machine and another machine were damaged. The outlet will be open for business Wednesday, Maroney said.
The fire was reported at 2:15 p.m., and nine fire companies responded. The fire was out by 2:50 p.m.
No damage estimates have been made.