Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 82° Today's Paper


Top News

Kapolei man pleads no contest in child pornography case

A Kapolei man pleaded no contest Wednesday to child abuse after images of child pronography were discovered on his six computers, the attorney general’s office reported.

David Sisombath is scheduled to be sentenced in Circuit Court Sept. 15 before Circuit Judge Shirley M. Kawamura.

He pleaded no contest to six counts of second-degree promoting child abuse and one count of third degree promoting child abuse.

Promoting child abuse in the second degree is a class B felony punishable by up to ten years in prison, and promoting child abuse in the third degree is a class C felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

The attorney general’s office last year said the crimes were committed between September to October 2013.

Sisombath was indicted by an Oahu grand jury in October 2015.

A search of six computers and hard drives at Sisombath’s home uncovered 219 images and 155 videos of child pornography. Forty-four of these files showed children under the age of twelve engaged in sexual conduct.

The attorney general’s office said Sisombath shared the images and videos over a peer-to-peer file sharing net work.

Attorney General Doug Chin said in a news release: “Child pornography is child abuse. Victims of child pornography are abused when the images are first taken and they are abused again each and every time these horrendous images are viewed. Our department will continue to investigate and prosecute anyone who possesses or disseminates child pornography.”

2 responses to “Kapolei man pleads no contest in child pornography case”

  1. DABLACK says:

    Need more info regarding these type of offense !! He and all the other “peer” involved gotta stand the jerk !!

  2. Death_By_Snu_Snu says:

    “pronography”

    Doesn’t every word processing system highlight misspelled words as you type?

Leave a Reply