1. Place the packaged candy in front of you with the back facing up. Place a wood dowel or bamboo chopstick in the center, going halfway up the candy.
2. Attach the stick to the candy with clear packing tape.
3. Cut the cellophane and Mylar into squares. They do not have to be perfect squares.
TIP: Roll out 10” of cellophane and cut. Fold into thirds and cut apart to make 3 squares.
4. Fold each square into fourths. Snip a small hole at the center folded point.
5. Slide candy stick through the hole of the cellophane or Mylar square. Twist at the bottom to “fluff” the cellophane/Mylar. Secure the twist with clear tape wrapped around the bottom onto the stick. Add another square, alternate with the cellophane and Mylar.
6. Tie on curling ribbon at the bottom for added embellishment.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 to make at least 5 total candy sticks. Use a small vase or Mason jar and fill with paper shreds.
8. Place candy stems in the Mason jar and arrange like a bouquet. You can make additional sticks with messages, photos or other designs and add to the bouquet as well. You can also use the candy sticks individually as favors.