Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 17, 2014         

BREAKING NEWS


 Print   Email   Comment | View 219 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man shot by special agent died from bullet to the chest

By Ken Kobayashi

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 06:14 p.m. HST, Jul 31, 2013


Kollin Elderts died from a gunshot wound to the chest, with alcohol and traces of marijuana and cocaine in his system, the medical examiner who performed an autopsy said. 

Retired city Medical Examiner Dr. Kanthi De Alwi testified Wednesday in the murder trial of State Department special agent Christopher Deedy.

There was also gun power on the right side of Elderts’ face, indicating the muzzle of a gun was 10 inches to two feet away when fired, De Alwis said.

De Alwis was called by the prosecution in the 11th day of Deedy’s trial on a charge of murdering Elderts at about 2:45 a.m. Nov. 5, 2011, at the McDonald’s Kuhio Avenue restaurant.

Deedy, 29, of Arlington, Va., was here to provide security for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation conference.

He is accused of being drunk and inexperienced at the time he shot Elderts, an unarmed 23-year-old Kailua man.

Deedy’s defense is that he fired in self defense after Elderts grabbed his gun. Three shots were fired, the third fatal.

De Alwis, who performed the autopsy, said the fatal bullet hit Elderts in chest and ended up lodged under the skin in his back.

She said Elderts’ blood alcohol content was .12.  Under state law, .08 is the legal threshold for drunken driving.

De Alwis said Elderts’ blood also had the breakdown  of marijuana and cocaine, but no evidence of methamphetamine or PCP.

She said the gunpowder was left on the face while Elderts’ heart was “still beating prior to the fatal wound.”






 Print   Email   Comment | View 219 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(219)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
BigErn wrote:
Elderts should have kept his mouth shut and ordered his happy meal.
on July 24,2013 | 12:11PM
Mypualani wrote:
And Deedy should have not been carrying a concealed weapon while bar hopping. And consuming Alcohol.
on July 24,2013 | 12:32PM
hanalei395 wrote:
Deedy WILL keep his mouth shut in OCCC or Halawa ..........or else.
on July 24,2013 | 01:03PM
palolo2001 wrote:
The federal government will send Deedy to a country club jail for a year so the people of Hawaii will forget about him. He will be secretly released and the Elderts family will never know. Thats how the Feds work.
on July 24,2013 | 01:13PM
Mythman wrote:
This isn't a federal trial - this is a state trial so you comment is off base...but the bias you have toward the feds is a lot like the bias had by those who have been brainwashed into thinking the feds are illegally occupying Hawaii - ask yourself, who put out this lie and why - you owe it to your own psyche to be able to think clearly about reality so you can have a much happier life. Maybe Mr. Elderts would still be alive if the didn't hate those his bias caused him to think were from the "evil" "federal" side of things in "his" Waikiki?
on July 24,2013 | 01:23PM
Compassionate_Cat wrote:
Bias causes so much crime in this beautiful state. None of us, of any race, were alive during the days of the kingdom, so how on earth could anyone living today be holding anyone accountable that was not even born yet! Being blond and white in this state has been cause for so much abuse and yet if all of us "white" people had been here then, it never would have happened! So tired of certain Hawaiians crying over something that occurred so long ago, when everyday we have people dying and being killed because of imagined hatreds that have nothing to do with anyone alive today.
on July 24,2013 | 01:35PM
Mypualani wrote:
As a Hawaiian I get your point and it is well taken, growing up I hated this. When I was 8 I had the same ignorant outlook even as a kid you know right from wrong. A white kid at my school got bullied mercilessly he and his sister were the ONLY Caucasians (Well they looked it.) one day when I went after him for no other reason then for the fact that he was "H" he kicked my butt, not in the way you would have liked I am sure. But he talked to me and asked me questions till this day hurts like hell. And I will forever be ashamed. Well he became my friend and the other bullies well let's just say they found other victims. That was 42 years ago. So your post is spot on.
on July 24,2013 | 02:35PM
AmbienDaze wrote:
agree c_cat. and nut jobs like prince hanalei are still participating in "kill h a o l e day"
on July 24,2013 | 03:23PM
bluebowl wrote:
Agree. Ain't that the truth!
on July 24,2013 | 03:31PM
hanalei395 wrote:
My stalker, Dazed, who gets whacked everytime it stalks me directly, now uses a third party.
on July 24,2013 | 03:47PM
8082062424 wrote:
It not so much the colour it more the attitude and behaviour that not only Hawaiians but most local folks do not care for. Im sorry it still goes on today. Deedy showed both the behaviour and attitude that night. so for you to say we should just forgive and move on is not fair, not to mention the wrongs done were not corrected
on July 24,2013 | 04:46PM
hanalei395 wrote:
After Deedy kicked Elderts, Deedy was shocked that Elderts struck back and floored him. Deedy, with a "superior" attitude, was surprised that an "inferior" local, who showed no respect to a "superior" by slugging him, then cowardly used his own form of "respect" ...out of the barrel of a gun.
on July 24,2013 | 05:56PM
AmbienDaze wrote:
ph, your inferiority complex is showing. says a lot more than your words.
on July 24,2013 | 06:49PM
hanalei395 wrote:
Dazed, a lonely stalker who was always ridiculed by me, ... and then shamed into using a third party to stalk, ...... is back. And still lonely.
on July 24,2013 | 07:29PM
AmbienDaze wrote:
yo prince, i been cutting you slack lately cuz i thought you were handicapped or something. but i gotta rebut some of your out of control comments. try think back, you the one who started this and now i'm the stalker? LFOL.
on July 24,2013 | 07:58PM
hanalei395 wrote:
Dazed, a lonely stalker who was first shamed into using a third party to stalk, has now been shamed back into being a direct stalker. And still lonely.
on July 24,2013 | 08:23PM
AmbienDaze wrote:
yo prince, you're so good at making up imaginary stuff, try go get one job at the state mental hospital, where your talents would be put to good use. oh, sorry not get one job, get instituted.

and no need third parties, i good enough by my self. although posters who think the prince is a dingbat are welcome.
on July 24,2013 | 10:30PM
hanalei395 wrote:
Dazed, the lonely stalker who had to go to third parties to stalk, is now calling for help, to help it to stalk.
on July 24,2013 | 10:49PM
Mypualani wrote:
Myth point taken, I thought so too. This not a fed trial but state trial.
on July 24,2013 | 02:27PM
false wrote:
Elderts was smiling and seemed so engaged when ordering. So he said something to Perrine. If only Deedy and Gutowski just minded their kuleana none of this would have happened. The video shows Elderts and Medeiros demeanor before Perrine came in. It went wrong when Deedy got up to play Fed Operative while drunk. 4562 beers to go.
on July 24,2013 | 03:17PM
scooters wrote:
Yes Sir...
on July 24,2013 | 01:52PM
false wrote:
Never will forget the Federal Deedy fighting with a local throwing his slippa. What chicken with his gun.
on July 24,2013 | 03:13PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Can't wait till Jessica West, former Gutkowski girlfriend, testifies. I got a feeling she's going to be the ace for the prosecution.
on July 24,2013 | 09:37PM
false wrote:
Medeiros is tomorrow. He will let it all out there. Hostile witness from the Defense View?
on July 24,2013 | 10:19PM
Mypualani wrote:
Yeah I think so.
on July 24,2013 | 02:26PM
allie wrote:
agree..this is a manslaughter situation and was unnecessary. Elderts was a real pun k but he did not deserve to die. I blame McDonald's for not having adequate security on duty. Any business open late in Waikiki knows drunk guys will be rowdy and dangerous. Place a Samoan or a Tongan at the door and watch the drunk dudes behave.
on July 24,2013 | 01:04PM
honopic wrote:
How is your last sentence not racist? Are all Samoans and Tongans bouncers and security guards in your warped little world, allie? Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.
on July 24,2013 | 02:06PM
allie wrote:
Many are and they are excellent at their job. Please check in any bar hon...
on July 24,2013 | 03:27PM
8082062424 wrote:
No there a new one at her job and she got a thing for him. she better watch out his gf does not come after her.
on July 24,2013 | 04:48PM
Shh wrote:
Like I keep saying....Shut your....!
on July 24,2013 | 02:58PM
control wrote:
I visited mcd's on keeaumoku the other night, they now have security guards (I think from securitas) working. Guess they finally got the message that maybe better to have real guards instead of low waged people on the payroll with "security" shirts that do very little. should be interesting to see, I can imagine the elderts family suing mcd's and the fed government, esp since they caused the "h" bias and didn't properly train deedy on what to watch out for in hawaii and how to handle situations with locals.
on July 24,2013 | 04:02PM
Mypualani wrote:
You are brave control, not even on my best day would I go to that McDonalds, too many stabbings
on July 24,2013 | 04:13PM
aomohoa wrote:
You always blame big business for everything. you are ridiculous allie.
on July 24,2013 | 07:20PM
soundofreason wrote:
Neither illegal.
on July 24,2013 | 07:32PM
sailfish1 wrote:
Was Deedy charged with illegally carrying a concealed weapon? NO. Most law enforcement carry a handgun when they are off duty. And, please don't start saying that law enforcement people don't drink alcohol.
on July 24,2013 | 09:08PM
Mypualani wrote:
go to Kitv 4 news, Deedy is done so sorry folks one of the McDonald's workers testified that Deedy and west were intoxicated and that when Elderts was talking to Perrine there were no threats or bullying. Elderts wanted to pay for Perrine's meal. that is the testimony I was refereeing to in other post. didn't want to muck it up and state this before it came up at trial. and I didn't.
on July 25,2013 | 12:26AM
Reade1 wrote:
Agent trained to have commonsense, Agent trained to be a professional killer, Agent should have walked away in an intense situation dealing with a person who shows signs of intoxication, Agent should not be carrying a loaded gun bar hopping, Agent will not be hired back because of this case tells you the FBI found him guilt for not practicing his responsibility he trained to understand and practice under oath.
on July 24,2013 | 12:33PM
allie wrote:
agree
on July 24,2013 | 01:04PM
Mrs_G wrote:
Hmmm. . .maybe you should do the same. Just saying. . .
on July 24,2013 | 12:56PM
gaylec wrote:
Kollin should have been eating Skittles because that seems to help garner support. Besides all the junk in his system, he was a good kid at heart.
on July 24,2013 | 12:14PM
Fred01 wrote:
Good kids don't act like bullies, or pick fights 2 on 1.
on July 24,2013 | 12:45PM
allie wrote:
nobody claimed he was a good kid. Not even his parents. He had been in trouble for years. But deedy should never have introduced the gun into a volatile situation
on July 24,2013 | 01:06PM
honopic wrote:
Where do you get your information on Elderts past, allie? Out of thin air, like all your "statistics" and "facts" on every story under the sun? Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.
on July 24,2013 | 02:09PM
turbolink wrote:
While I completely support your last comment, as hard as it is for all of us, maybe if we can stop feeding our local troll,then allie will lose his lucrative daytime texting job and go back to focus on the pizza corporate world and being a disillusioned middle age guy.
on July 24,2013 | 03:13PM
allie wrote:
huh?
on July 24,2013 | 03:27PM
Slow wrote:
Till now I thought allie was one wahine
on July 24,2013 | 04:43PM
turbolink wrote:
Giggle.
on July 24,2013 | 06:23PM
aomohoa wrote:
HUH? Are you that dumb.
on July 24,2013 | 07:25PM
aomohoa wrote:
Funny, nothing was every mentioned about Elderts past or his families. Do you know them personally? LOL You seem to know something about everyone in Hawaii. NOT!
on July 24,2013 | 07:23PM
soundofreason wrote:
Right, I'm sure the drug use and fighting this particular night was an isolated instance for him. Pure coincidence.
on July 24,2013 | 07:36PM
hapaguy wrote:
There you go again Fred01. If you watch the video Elderts did not pick the fight, Deedy did. And it was Deedy and Gutowski that was 2 against 1 on Elderts.....Elderts friend Medeiros only got involved after Gutowski and Deedy were 2 against 1 on Elderts....
on July 24,2013 | 01:14PM
Mythman wrote:
Yeah, right, Tulane frat boys who don't surf or skateboard are going to Waikiki to kick some local arse.....
on July 24,2013 | 01:25PM
hapaguy wrote:
Ummm I'm not sure what you are trying to say dude....I detect some sarcasm in your comment though...lol....
on July 24,2013 | 01:31PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Very very drunk tulane frat boys. Yes, if they both were sober, they wouldn't dare go out.
on July 24,2013 | 04:36PM
jusjoking wrote:
Boss, is that what you learned and taught your kids? No wonder you seem kinda mean in a bunch of your posts on local verse anybody not as local as you
on July 24,2013 | 05:26PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
He's a rail supporter. What should one expect from him?
on July 24,2013 | 05:39PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Didn't teach my kids to abuse alcohol, college yes,alcohol, no.
on July 24,2013 | 08:30PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Jj, if you blog on SA that means you subscribe. So you live in Hawaii, so you local. So is kailuakraz. Both locals. If not tell me what separates you and others that live here. And don't use the more intelligence thing.
on July 24,2013 | 08:35PM
false wrote:
And Elderts came back with throwing a slippa. Deedy should have just laughed at how ridiculous.
on July 24,2013 | 03:19PM
hapaguy wrote:
According to Elderts friends and family he was a good kid. Do you somehow know otherwise?
on July 24,2013 | 01:15PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
You think he was a good kid cuz he was a child of the island. What kind of logic is that?
on July 24,2013 | 02:08PM
hapaguy wrote:
No I think he was a good kid because television interviews of the people that new him said so. Do you have some firsthand knowledge otherwise?
on July 24,2013 | 03:40PM
control wrote:
boy you are sure gullible to believe the things being fed to you. news channels have already mentioned that elderts has a record and was arrested before and had trouble with the law before. This is what the SA reported, whether you believe it is another story as some of it comes from the defense team. http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremium/20130527__Victims_record_in_dispute_for_trial.html?id=209039621
on July 24,2013 | 04:19PM
hapaguy wrote:
I have no illusions of Elderts being some sort of saint or something. What I take offense to is the inference of you and the other Deedy supporters that try to make like Elderts was some sort of "menace to society". As I have pointed out, it's not like Elderts was a child molester, or a rapist, or a mugger, or started a fight with an unarmed man then later shot him.....
on July 24,2013 | 04:46PM
false wrote:
Elderts and Medeiros were acting hospitably when ordering, two drunk comedians.
on July 24,2013 | 10:24PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Let's not get it twisted. Elderts was a terrible person and it was only a matter of time before his mouth got him in trouble. I knew him and used to see him running his mouth and starting things in the bars.
on July 24,2013 | 01:59PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Was he as bad as Paakaula, Kelii Acasia or Benjamin Pada? I know about Paakaula because his criminal record speaks for itself. As for Acasia and Pada, local trash is the best way to describe them having encountered them myself. I know about Elderts's criminal record but don't think it is as heinous as that of Paakaula's.
on July 24,2013 | 02:47PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
He wasn't like the last two. He was the typical trash talking tough guy who would call out people that looked at him wrong. I'm sure everyone knows the type.
on July 24,2013 | 03:44PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
If he was with female friends and caught another local guy (that he didn't know) looking at them, would he start threatening the strangers, regardless of race or home state?
on July 24,2013 | 04:00PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
You racist are stirring yourselves up. Stop it.
on July 24,2013 | 04:38PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
So anyone who supports Deedy is a racist? That ain't surprising logic coming from a rail supporter!
on July 24,2013 | 05:30PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Not about Deedy, but you bringing up the other cases. I can go point on "h" criminals ,murderers and child rapist, but I won't write their names, because bad people have no particular color.
on July 24,2013 | 05:38PM
aomohoa wrote:
New guy, you stepped over the line. LOL
on July 24,2013 | 07:28PM
sailfish1 wrote:
Aren't you the guy who claims to have been a "governor"? The things you say tells me you were NOT a governor at all.
on July 24,2013 | 09:03PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
So according to the ME, Deedy did try to shoot Elderts in the face. Except he missed.
on July 24,2013 | 04:47PM
kelbells34 wrote:
I knew you had something personal against him! But, I really would like to hear Deedy's background. Was his record clean? If it was reported, I missed it. I guess it can't be that bad since he was a federal agent. He REALLY should learn how to defuse intense situations if he is going to provide security for anybody though. Is this what the feds train their agents to do? Does anyone else think that it's kind of ODD for Deedy to walk in with Jessica West? Then, he is sitting next to her. If doubt she was really Gutowski's girlfriend. Being that Gutowski was Deedy's frat brother/ roommate, I wouldn't be surprised that Gutowski is lying about Jessica West and all his other statements. Like being "severely beaten". And, for Deedy having a "broken nose". All broken noses that I've seen had blood on the break or out the nostrils. And swollen. I keep picturing Elderts getting shot and falling on Deedy. Possibly, head to head and that is how he got his "broken nose". OR...The shot that missed Elderts, but left GSR on Elderts face. That shot and them struggling, made the glock whack Deedy in the nose. Oh, and... "The sharply disputed question of who was the first aggressor in this case will be a key issue at trial," Hart argued in his motion. "Especially relevant are the facts that during Elderts' disorderly conduct crime, he was intoxicated, he was actively seeking to escalate the situation and fight, and he was being very aggressive toward and noncompliant with law enforcement officers." So WHAT NOW, MR. HART??? Your client was the first aggressor...You said that will be a key issue!!! HPD defused a 75-150 rowdy, drunken crowd WITHOUT shooting anyone. They did detain Elderts in that incident. Deedy can't even hold his own while he supposedly was sober and thinking straight???
on July 24,2013 | 06:58PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
What are you talking about? Because I knew him that automatically means I have something against him? He was a punk. That's all. Everyone who knew him and was truthful about it would agree.
on July 25,2013 | 01:40AM
control wrote:
why do we keep hearing the "good kid" story. elderts had run ins with the law and was a known hothead. we always hear these kinds of things, the criminal was a good kid, etc. etc. Elderts was arrested and convicted in 2008 for disorderly conduct. he also resisted arrest outside that Kailua bar. He used a fake id to get into the bar since he was only 20. He also had a 2010 drunk driving conviction. the defense will probably introduce all this information when it's their turn to show that elderts had a "character trait to engage in dangerous behavior that places other people at risk of death or serious injury." before we convict deedy maybe we should hear both sides of the story as elderts wasn't a model citizen either.
on July 24,2013 | 04:15PM
hapaguy wrote:
Yeah lets blame the victim. This kind of thinking is like bringing up the past of a rape victim at the trial of the rapist. It is totally irrelevant!
on July 24,2013 | 04:48PM
Mypualani wrote:
Hawaii state law, notice the part where it says, unless you caused it. In other words you cannot go picking fights and making threats then when faced with getting your face punched, kill a person or take his life. Hawaii's defense laws are very different then Florida . This will be a hard case. Defense Laws §703-304 Use of force in self-protection. (1) Subject to the provisions of this section and of section 703-308, the use of force upon or toward another person is justifiable when the actor believes that such force is immediately necessary for the purpose of protecting himself against the use of unlawful force by the other person on the present occasion. (2) The use of deadly force is justifiable under this section if the actor believes that deadly force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping, rape, or forcible sodomy. (3) Except as otherwise provided in subsections (4) and (5) of this section, a person employing protective force may estimate the necessity thereof under the circumstances as he believes them to be when the force is used without retreating, surrendering possession, doing any other act which he has no legal duty to do, or abstaining from any lawful action. (4) The use of force is not justifiable under this section: (a) To resist an arrest which the actor knows is being made by a law enforcement officer, although the arrest is unlawful; or (b) To resist force used by the occupier or possessor of property or by another person on his behalf, where the actor knows that the person using the force is doing so under a claim of right to protect the property, except that this limitation shall not apply if: (i) The actor is a public officer acting in the performance of his duties or a person lawfully assisting him therein or a person making or assisting in a lawful arrest; or (ii) The actor believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death or serious bodily injury. (5) The use of deadly force is not justifiable under this section if: (a) The actor, with the intent of causing death or serious bodily injury, provoked the use of force against himself in the same encounter; or (b) The actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating or by surrendering possession of a thing to a person asserting a claim of right thereto or by complying with a demand that he abstain from any action which he has no duty to take, except that: (i) The actor is not obliged to retreat from his dwelling or place of work, unless he was the initial aggressor or is assailed in his place of work by another person whose place of work the actor knows it to be; and This will be the instructions given to the jury this is Hawaii's laws on the books.
on July 24,2013 | 12:39PM
Mypualani wrote:
Was Deedy arresting Elderts ? That's what he first claimed in the beginning of all this, now what is the reason for his arrest? The H word? Ooh I know Elderts didn't like getting threatened and stood his ground. Now when faced with going on the stand to move his case to fed, he changes his defense and says I had to defend myself and others because I "had a sense" was that before or after Elderts sat in his seat waiting for his food.and then coming over for no other reason then to say, " do you want to get shot?
on July 24,2013 | 12:45PM
allie wrote:
interesting. Before our Waikiki restaurant got a Tongan security guard after 10:00 pm I noted we had many rowdy, mean men come in who had been drinking. I got propositioned, fawned over, cursed, threatened, praised, etc. I learned to ignore the men but our Chinese owner finally agreed the harassment of his female workers by men-mostly white like Elderts-was worth having a guard. Now the Tongan just has to grunt and point at loud men and they quickly hush up. Too bad McDonald's refused to have adequate security. Their cheapness cost a life and I hope Elderts' parents sue.
on July 24,2013 | 01:10PM
gobows wrote:
Is Tongan a preferred security guard over a big strong man? Why a Tongan?
on July 24,2013 | 01:54PM
honopic wrote:
"Our Chinese owner" allie? Is there no end to your racism and innuendo? And doesn't "the Tongan" have a name?Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.
on July 24,2013 | 02:15PM
Mypualani wrote:
Where do you work?
on July 24,2013 | 02:40PM
false wrote:
allie, you should stop, demeaning locals as "white like Elderts". Men just bother when they are out on the town. They come in all colors and sizes and ethnicities. Your nonsense says so much about your IQ. -380
on July 24,2013 | 03:24PM
312guy wrote:
allie - have you taken the time to view the video, the atmosphere before they entered the mcdonalds everybody was having a good time no problems. the boy that got shot and killed he changed the mood at the mcdonalds. the security guard did try to stop both deedy and the boy. so how do you see this as mcdonalds problem if anything should be the bars and the one who provided them with the intoxicants. guilty or not guilty i'll leave it for the Jury to decide
on July 24,2013 | 06:05PM
aomohoa wrote:
I think the pizza dump should fire you. You seem to attract trouble.
on July 24,2013 | 07:36PM
hapaguy wrote:
Good work Mypualani! 5(a) & 5(b) says all you need to know in this case.....
on July 24,2013 | 01:22PM
Mypualani wrote:
Yup, sad though I want justice to prevail but this agent Deedy worked really hard and had a promising career and future.
on July 24,2013 | 02:43PM
Mypualani wrote:
Thank you Hapa.
on July 24,2013 | 11:17PM
kaupani wrote:
Juries don't find for questions of law. They find for questions of fact.
on July 24,2013 | 08:12PM
Mypualani wrote:
yes they find for fact then are instructed on the laws. I know this that is why I posted the Hawaii Revised Statutes, it is the Laws of our state Hawaii.
on July 24,2013 | 11:19PM
daniwitz13 wrote:
The person with the Gun will always win in a confrontation. The one with out, will have no chance to win no matter what happens and no matter who started it or who threw the first blow. It is not the point that the one with the Gun call shoot the other, It is the fact that the one without the gun has NO WAY of winning. Everything is is the favor of the Gun holder. This is a form of Murder because the other can NEVER win. This is saying, he never even had a chance to win. No chance implies a done deal. The one with the gun will be the sole survivor Pity..
on July 24,2013 | 12:49PM
hapaguy wrote:
The M.E. said: "There was also gun powder on the right side of Elderts’ face, indicating the muzzle of a gun was 10 inches to two feet away when fired, De Alwis said". Wow! Deedy did try to shoot Elderts in the face!
on July 24,2013 | 01:26PM
gobows wrote:
lol....1 1 = 3?
on July 24,2013 | 01:59PM
gobows wrote:
errr....one plus one equal three? lol
on July 24,2013 | 02:00PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
How do you get that? It more than likely means Elderts was on top of Deedy when he was shot. I wish they would post how the bullet entered him.
on July 24,2013 | 02:02PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Me too, though hapaguy wouldn't. You can bet the prosecution is trying to keep that from happening!
on July 24,2013 | 02:28PM
MKN wrote:
@Kailuaraised: I would like to see the origin and trajectory of all three shots so that we can figure out exactly when the three shots started and ended in the video (if any shots were actually fired when they were still in front of the camera). That would give us an idea as to whether or not the shooting was defensive or offensive in nature. Lot's of stupidity going on between Elderts and Deedy that night, so I will reserve judgement until all the evidence is presented from both sides. It is pretty interesting though. It's kinda like watching real court case shows on NBC where they present evidence from both sides and then they tell the viewers the verdict and allow comments and stuff. LOL!!!
on July 24,2013 | 02:32PM
Mypualani wrote:
Good post.
on July 24,2013 | 02:44PM
gobows wrote:
computer simulation to follow............i hope!
on July 24,2013 | 03:13PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
It'll be interesting. I'm thinking it's not in favor of the prosecution. If they could introduce evidence that Deedy just stood and shot at Elderts while standing the case would be a slam dunk. A lot of the case hinges on it in my opinion.
on July 24,2013 | 03:45PM
hapaguy wrote:
I get that from the witness testimony. There was testimony that Deedy repeatedly said he was going to shoot Elderts in the face and DUH! Elderts had gun powder on his face.
on July 24,2013 | 03:58PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
That's the worst logic I've ever heard.
on July 24,2013 | 04:46PM
hapaguy wrote:
Can you provide testimony or evidence from trial to prove otherwise?
on July 24,2013 | 05:17PM
Mypualani wrote:
The me also stated that Elderts heart was still beating when he got the gunpowder burns to his face.
on July 24,2013 | 03:04PM
gobows wrote:
I wonder how they can determine that....CSI........those burns could have come from one or both of the "missed" shots too.
on July 24,2013 | 03:12PM
mongoosa wrote:
Go go bows!!!!!!!!
on July 24,2013 | 08:44PM
mongoosa wrote:
How dramatic....coached by the prosecutors is her thing.
on July 24,2013 | 08:44PM
mongoosa wrote:
Google Kanthi DeAlwis and see if you believe her testimony then.
on July 24,2013 | 08:40PM
HAJAA1 wrote:
Another punk bites the dust. Not feeling too bad.
on July 24,2013 | 01:57PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
I can't wait for hapaguy to curse you and try to spite you. He'll do so because Elderts was a "child of the aina". So are the Paakaula's from 2007. Or will hapaguy defend them too and say that their attack on the military couple was justified?
on July 24,2013 | 02:09PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Ldub, quit your racism.
on July 24,2013 | 04:50PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Prove that I'm a racist. If anything, I'm a CLASSIST. I ain't got no problem with being a classist. Of course, you support the rail, so what do you know? Your credibility stinks!
on July 24,2013 | 05:15PM
aomohoa wrote:
I'm the last one to defend NanakuliBoss, but I think you should have said you are classless not a classist.
on July 24,2013 | 07:40PM
HawaiiCheeseBall wrote:
Come on man, the dude who died had a family and friends who cared about him. No one deserves to die in a drunken confrontation between two men at a McD's.
on July 24,2013 | 03:42PM
hapaguy wrote:
Agreed!...All these Deedy supporters are trying to make like Elderts was some kind of menace to society. Braddah had a couple scrapes with the law but its not like he was a child molester, or a rapist, or a mugger, or gunned down an unarmed man after starting a fight with him!
on July 24,2013 | 04:01PM
Mypualani wrote:
or killed a mother of ten and shot at people on the freeway and police officers while on a Meth Binge. Shall we?
on July 24,2013 | 11:23PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
I can't judge Elderts (though I find it hard to believe that I would side with him if I met him) but I CAN judge these two lower-class mokes: Benjamin Pada and Kelii Acasia. If Deedy (or any Caucasian outsider) shot and killed both of them while they were on a crime spree trying to rob people, would you show any support toward them (Pada and Acasia)? This question is for you hapaguy since you seem like you would!
on July 24,2013 | 02:17PM
Mypualani wrote:
I get your point, I would give Deedy a medal. I worked with one of them spooky little punk. Can't compare Elderts to these two. They killed a man who was trying to help.
on July 24,2013 | 02:48PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks for giving me more info.
on July 24,2013 | 02:52PM
Mypualani wrote:
Keli'i was terrible and very abusive, he did not do anything to me on a personal level, but I can speak to the devastation that he has done to others. His actions
on July 24,2013 | 03:12PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Can't believe he even bothered to work. Must've done it out of desperation.
on July 24,2013 | 03:28PM
Mypualani wrote:
No he didn't work with me sorry for the misunderstanding. I worked in the community.
on July 24,2013 | 11:25PM
hapaguy wrote:
Ldub20 my reply is I don't know anything about this Paakaula case you keep bringing up. But IN THIS CASE from everything that I have seen and heard its so obvious that Deedy started the fight and then when he was getting his hat handed to him he cowardly pulled a gun on an unarmed man and shot and killed him. What do you have against locals and WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO TRY TO DEFEND DEEDY?
on July 24,2013 | 03:47PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Ain't got nothing against most locals. Some of closest friends live a "local" lifestyle. However, these friends of mine are kind to EVERYBODY and have established close bonds with Caucasians from the mainland. My dad's new wife is a LOCAL girl. I've met them at UH. Not all locals are the same as you seem to think. However, you've come across as stating you'd support every "local" on the planet, regardless of what he's done. I don't think in black and white the way you do. I can't stand the locals that make this state look bad. I also haven't had good experiences with LOWER CLASS "locals" who've threatened Caucasiana or anyone that gets in their way. Elderts didn't deserve to die but ain't completely innocent. You can't say he wasn't at fault. The Paakaula case happened in 2006 and made NATIONAL news. The teenage son, Alika, called a military man a "effing h (you fill in the blanks" and proceeded to pummel him. That you can't defend.
on July 24,2013 | 03:57PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
So what happened to Paaukaula? Prison term? Good the jury found him guilty.
on July 24,2013 | 04:54PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Yes they found him guilty but didn't give him along sentence.
on July 24,2013 | 05:06PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Did he use a gun to shoot the victim, if so I would say he should get a long sentence.
on July 24,2013 | 05:44PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
No, but it was a long beating that almost killed the army man and his wife. Anyway, I bring up the examples of Paakaula, Acasia and Pada to get a response out of hapaguy. I wanted to know if he'd support them since he said he supported Elderts because he was a child of the 'aina. I know every race has got evil mofos! Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Ramirez, and John Muhammad anyone?
on July 24,2013 | 05:50PM
Mypualani wrote:
@Ldub20 I work with youth at risk, and 99.99% I simply aloha. I know what you speak of and where you are taking this that is why I am not offended in any way shape or form by your post, My son is Half Caucasian and gets along pretty well with most locals, but every once in a while get that one "well you know" so yeah it's a matter of perception and what life's experiences we each have.
on July 24,2013 | 11:31PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
I also haven't said that I feel Deedy did nothing wrong. If anything, he's guilty of manslaughter. But did he INTEND to kill Elderts once he and Elderts made contact, as you assert? My answer is no.
on July 24,2013 | 03:59PM
hapaguy wrote:
You have no idea of what you are talking about. The definition of manslaughter is "the unlawful killing of another without malice aforethought". The Prosecution has brought forth witnesses that testified that Deedy repeatedly told Elderts prior to their scuffle that he was "going to shoot Elderts in the face". That is "malice aforethought" and the definition of Murder 2: [§707-701.5] Murder in the second degree. (1) Except as provided in section 707-701, a person commits the offense of murder in the second degree if the person intentionally or knowingly causes the death of another person.
on July 24,2013 | 04:08PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Trusting the prosecution with your heart is as dumb as me trusting the Deedy support site with my heart.
on July 24,2013 | 04:14PM
hapaguy wrote:
I don't know what your comment has to do with my comment. Do you find any discrepancy with my definition of Murder 2 or why the Prosecution has chosen to charge Deedy with Murder 2 in my comment above?
on July 24,2013 | 04:17PM
aomohoa wrote:
Now boys, play nice. And no meeting up at McDonalds.
on July 24,2013 | 07:45PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Answer me this. If he was going to shoot Elderts, why fight him first and risk getting himself killed? He could have just pulled his gun and shot him. I don't think he intended to actually kill Elderts until he was mounted by him. People have testified that but what are you going to say when someone testifies against that?
on July 24,2013 | 04:49PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
I kind of wish the defense would ask this question so the jury can ponder it.
on July 24,2013 | 05:12PM
hapaguy wrote:
The answer is: Deedy thought he could take Elderts and when he found himself on his backside on the ground his only solution to avoid a beat down was to get up and start shooting. People have testified that he didn't actually intend to kill Elderts? Really? Can you provide proof of that statement?
on July 24,2013 | 05:15PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
But wait, you just said that Deedy said he was going to shoot him in the face. How would fighting him achieve that goal? I meant what are you going to say when someone testifies that Deedy didn't say he was going to shoot him?
on July 25,2013 | 01:44AM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: Answer me this. If he was going to shoot Elderts, why fight him first and risk getting himself killed?

Answer me this. If he WASN'T going to shoot him, why did he tell him that he was?


on July 24,2013 | 07:18PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
I've seen multiple fights in Hawaii where one of them says I'll kill you and it's an exaggeration. Saying something does not always equate to actual intention.
on July 25,2013 | 01:46AM
kelbells34 wrote:
So, threatening to shoot someone in the FACE?...Maybe, that won't kill them.
on July 24,2013 | 08:22PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Deedys good buddy,Gutkowski was so drunk he stated and forgot everything. He remembered 5 beers( one short of a six pack) that Deedy drank. Oh but he remembers Elderts saying something like " Your not the only one with a gun". But did he tell that to a Grand Jury? No...why? Well maybe because of his head injuries. Yeah right. He was severly beaten, yet walked out of the hospital after " Refusing Treatment", oh because I didn't know my insurance would cover it. This guy is a liar.
on July 24,2013 | 08:47PM
Mypualani wrote:
That Kailua is an excellent question. Why even fight Elderts to begin with? Elderts was siting down there were no exigent circumstances for Deedy to even get up and bother. Yes you bring an excellent question, Maybe Agent Deedy can answer this.
on July 24,2013 | 11:35PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
If you could describe Deedy's crime, it was a crime of PASSION. That's manslaughter to me.
on July 24,2013 | 04:01PM
hapaguy wrote:
If Deedy never told Elderts he was going to shoot him in the face then yes, the charge probably would have been manslaughter. You can't disregard the testimony of witnesses that Deedy showed "malice aforethought" in the killing of Elderts....I am sure that there will be judges instructions to the jury prior to their deliberations regarding the definition of Murder 2. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the defense tries to cut a deal with the prosecution for the lesser charge of manslaughter.
on July 24,2013 | 04:15PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Again, we've only heard from prosecution witnesses and there is no sound on the video. If the defense introduces a witness saying Deedy identified himself and didn't say he was going to kill him then what are you going to use to justify murder? I'm sure the defense will too.
on July 24,2013 | 04:51PM
hapaguy wrote:
So you are hopeful that a witness will come forward and testify that Deedy at no time told Elderts he was going to shoot him in the face? A rebuttal witness to that testimony? You are grasping at straws buddy.....
on July 24,2013 | 05:12PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Is your name Rex Kamakana?
on July 24,2013 | 05:27PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Kind of like you taking everything that the prosecution says as facts? That's grasping at straws.
on July 25,2013 | 01:47AM
kelbells34 wrote:
Just because someone testifies that they did NOT hear Deedy saying he was going to shoot Elderts in the face, does NOT mean that he did NOT say it...Deedy needs to take the stand himself. That would be the only means of contradiction.
on July 24,2013 | 08:27PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
And just because someone says it did happen does not mean that it actually happened. I'm not sure what is hard to understand about that. The defense just has to put doubt in the jury's mind.
on July 25,2013 | 01:47AM
Mypualani wrote:
Passion for what? the H word? oh my goodness and he wasn't drunk so? I don't get it....sorry maybe I am just stuuuupid.
on July 24,2013 | 11:37PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Ldub, very stupid question. Nothing to do with the present case.
on July 24,2013 | 04:52PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Coming from somebody that supports the rail.
on July 24,2013 | 05:05PM
aomohoa wrote:
We got enough nasty people here. We don't need any more.
on July 24,2013 | 07:46PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
P.S. i said I could judge Pada and Acasia because I've encountered them several times and so has my family. Super rowdy, obnoxious, and inconsiderate. I bring them up because I'd like to know if hapaguy or kolohepalu would EVER defend them regardless of what they've done!
on July 24,2013 | 02:22PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
I think you know the answer. Some locals will always blindly defend other locals.
on July 24,2013 | 02:27PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Too bad hapaguy also looks at this as a black and white case, which it AIN'T!
on July 24,2013 | 02:35PM
hapaguy wrote:
Look you two idiots, if a local person did something wrong I wouldn't defend them "blindly". Just because I have formed an opinion in this case that Deedy's was at fault and killed an unarmed man in cold blood does not mean anything with regards to any other case involving locals. If you can't find coherent arguments to my comments don't go making assumptions about me to try to get even.....
on July 24,2013 | 03:54PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Your arguments are all black and white. Sorry this ain't the black and white case you think it is!
on July 24,2013 | 04:15PM
hapaguy wrote:
Black and white? Maybe. But can you show me anywhere in any of my comments where I say I would "blindly" support a local regardless of the evidence as you and Kraised keep saying?
on July 24,2013 | 04:20PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
I can't find it here but you said you had to defend Elderts because he was a "child of the aina". This happened days ago. It would take me awhile to sort through articles to find where and when you said it. Not every local is a saint, nor is every local the same. There are some that make every local here look bad.
on July 24,2013 | 04:32PM
hapaguy wrote:
Ldub that's the problem with you Deedy supporters is that you take only a snippet or take things out of context to fit your preconceived notions. You asked me "why I gotta take a biased stance with Elderts and the Prosecution". My response: "ummm lets see: I'm keiki o ka aina. Elderts was keiki o ka aina. Our boys (HPD) investigated and arrested and our Prosecutors office have indicted and put on trial a guy that no one disputes threw the first blow (Deedy) lets use a technical term here: Deedy was the assailant, and the victim of the assault, Elderts defends himself and starts to get the better of the assailant, so the assailant pulls out his gun and shoots the victim. So yes I guess you could say im biased against Deedy....."
on July 24,2013 | 04:40PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
But you don't have arguments. You conveniently skip over anything that might shake your theory. Like I typed elsewhere, what happens when someone testifies that Deedy didn't threaten to kill Elderts? You're blindly following the prosecution as if everything they say is truth.
on July 24,2013 | 04:52PM
hapaguy wrote:
Kraised my theory is the Prosecution theory. IMO the Prosecutors version of events more closely matches the video and also the testimony so far. Has someone testified that Deedy didn't threaten Elderts? You are grasping at straws that aren't there to try to make your absurd points in defense of Deedy....
on July 24,2013 | 04:57PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Ever thought of this, hapaguy: http://www.deedysupport.com/motions-in-limine/
on July 24,2013 | 05:03PM
hapaguy wrote:
Ldub I have read that page before...and your point is???
on July 24,2013 | 05:08PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
My point is that you can't think of everything the prosecution says as the truth! You can't trust them 100%!
on July 24,2013 | 05:24PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Of course no one testified that because the prosecution wouldn't call them. How do you know if the defense attorney proves their testimony to be false but the SA doesn't report it. You can't hear anything on the video so you're just believing everything the SA reports at face value.
on July 25,2013 | 01:52AM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
I know, kraised. That's as ignorant as me following everything the Deedy support website says as truth!
on July 24,2013 | 05:04PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Ldub, so when the prosecution was trying Paakaula, you didn't trust them? You didn't believe the prosecutors when questioning Paakaula!? You believe the prosecution won the case by accident because the were bias?
on July 24,2013 | 05:52PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
No, I didn't trust the prosecution COMPLETELY in the Paakaula case because they made it sound as though Dussell didn't do anything wrong at all. I believe that both of them could've made better choices but most of the blame lies with Paakaula. Most of the blame lies with Deedy, probably 60% in my opinion, but Elderts wasn't completely innocent. Besides, I don't trust the defense any more than I trust the prosecutors. The prosecution is withholding evidence--when don't prosecutors do that? Just like the defense is trying to make Deedy look a saint, even though that ain't the truth.
on July 24,2013 | 06:06PM
Mypualani wrote:
Dang! Hapa you are good. did you major in criminal justice? Or Law? your writing is very good and appreciated to this reader.
on July 24,2013 | 11:43PM
Mypualani wrote:
You are right on one point Kailua some will defend, but I have not seen anyone defend them at all. Me I would give that Marine who stopped them a medal too bad he didn't have Deedy there. I would be the first to jump on his support wagon. I worked with Acacia. Real pilau guys.
on July 24,2013 | 02:51PM
gobows wrote:
STICK to the case FELLAS....NO need get personal......sheesh!.....btw....anyone carrying a concealed weapon??
on July 24,2013 | 04:13PM
Mypualani wrote:
no not me...
on July 24,2013 | 11:47PM
Bully wrote:
The facts of the case does not support Deedy's claim of self defense.
on July 24,2013 | 02:48PM
Mypualani wrote:
That is what I am perceiving Of course I could be wrong to.I would like to hear and see both sides to thus case. We live in the best country. Where you are innocent until proven guilty.
on July 24,2013 | 03:15PM
MKN wrote:
@Bully: Let's wait to reserve judgement until all of the evidence has been presented. The prosecution is still presenting and the defense hasn't had a chance to call their witnesses yet. Right now, the prosecution is presenting their side of the story and they are supposed to make the defendant look as guilty as possible. The defense will do the opposite in that they will try to make their client look at innocent as possible. The truth is somewhere in between and it appears that there was a lot of stupidity going on from both sides.
on July 24,2013 | 03:16PM
Mypualani wrote:
MKN something we both agree on yaaay! excellent post.
on July 24,2013 | 11:48PM
Anonymous wrote:
Ok the next article on this case will be headlined "Hamburgler says Deedy smelled of alcohol"
on July 24,2013 | 03:06PM
MKN wrote:
LOL!!!
on July 24,2013 | 03:11PM
Mypualani wrote:
OMG LOL you too much cracking up... Much thanks for the laugh.
on July 24,2013 | 11:48PM
sloturle wrote:
he wen trow da slippah das why
on July 24,2013 | 03:54PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but could it be that Deedy brought his gun because he likely did that all of the time? The guy worked in Washington DC, which is the murder capital of America this side of Chicago. Yes he was stupid to think that Hawaii is the same as DC, and no, I ain't excusing his decision to bring his gun. But that might shed some light on it.
on July 24,2013 | 04:07PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
For all of you wondering why Deedy brought a gun with him, this could explain it: Deedy is stationed in washington DC, a place where people get shot for nothing at all everyday. used to be the murder capital before chicago. It makes sense why he think's it's okay to carry and go bar hopping, probably because in DC your chances of getting shot after drinking at a bar is just as high as walking your dog on the street while sober. I ain't excusing his decision to bring a gun, but his naivete about the rate of violence here and the fact that he works in DC could explain his decision to bring his gun.
on July 24,2013 | 04:21PM
hapaguy wrote:
Well that is a good theory except that on the 4th day of the trial the Prosecution put on the witness stand State Dept Agent Ben Finkelstein who told Deedy that some "locals" dislike federal agents. "According to Finkelstein, Deedy said he would be carrying a firearm." Deedy came here with preconceived notions about "locals" and what to do with them......
on July 24,2013 | 04:33PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
His naivete about the rate of crime here and "fear" of locals doesn't prove that he INTENDED to kill one!
on July 24,2013 | 04:40PM
hapaguy wrote:
You are so obtuse! You put forth your theory about why Deedy was packing and I explain to you the theory that the Prosecutors office put forth IN TRIAL TESTIMONY about why Deedy was packing and your comment is "His naivete about the rate of crime here and "fear" of locals doesn't prove that he INTENDED to kill one!"? Can you make any less sense?
on July 24,2013 | 04:54PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
You saying that Deedy said that he'd be carrying a firearm out of the intention to kill a local? He could've said that out of two factors: the animosity Finkelstein said locals harbor against federal agents and his experience living in DC. Saying he would carry a weapon doesn't prove he was intending to murder somebody! It could've meant A LOT of things!
on July 24,2013 | 04:58PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Did anyone else tell Deedy that the rate of crime here is much lower than it is in DC? Because if not, it may have led to Deedy's naivete and need to carry a firearm.
on July 24,2013 | 04:43PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Carrying a weapon to defend yourself (especially when it's legal) does not prove he was going to look for a local to murder in cold blood.
on July 24,2013 | 04:55PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Will hapaguy agree with you?
on July 24,2013 | 04:57PM
hapaguy wrote:
*sigh* can't you Deedy supporters stay on the subject that you post about? Ldub puts forth his theory that has no merit about why Deedy was packing and I respond with what was actually put forth in TRIAL TESTIMONY about why Deedy was packing and you guys try to twist it into something else. Ldub while I applaud you for creative thinking regarding your theory for why Deedy was packing its NOT SUPPORTED BY ANYTHING IN TRIAL.....
on July 24,2013 | 05:04PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Can't you explore other possibilities other than the one present--the one where you assert that Deedy brought a gun looking to shoot a local and chose to shoot the first one that he thought was causing trouble!
on July 24,2013 | 05:09PM
hapaguy wrote:
The Prosecution presented the evidence from Finkelstein that Deedy had preconceived notions. THAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT TESTIMONY! It's not my theory! If you want to discuss alternate theories that have been presented in court I will oblige you!
on July 24,2013 | 05:22PM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
It ain't supported by anything in trial...yet. That's because the defense hasn't spoken nor have they explored my theory.
on July 24,2013 | 05:10PM
hapaguy wrote:
Lol...they are going to "explore your theory"...thanks for that. Our discussions were getting serious so thanks for that lol
on July 24,2013 | 05:40PM
Mypualani wrote:
this is better than TV. reading you two back and forth awesome reads and I am learning a thing or two Mahalo to you both Hapa and Ldub20
on July 24,2013 | 11:52PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Can you pack if you plan dinner and "craziness"? If you tell your supervisor I'm going drink with a frat friend and do some craziness, will he say "OK"?
on July 24,2013 | 05:59PM
hapaguy wrote:
Good Point! I forgot about that testimony!
on July 24,2013 | 06:12PM
Mypualani wrote:
wow good question.
on July 24,2013 | 11:52PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Your supervisor has no say in you carrying. It's federal law.
on July 25,2013 | 01:54AM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
So all those politicians in DC is packing when they go drinking? Along with all those FBI,CIA,SS,and the million other Feds? How come they don't shoot more often?
on July 24,2013 | 08:53PM
hapaguy wrote:
Kraised Ldub, control let me ask you a question and lets see if you can give an intellectually honest answer or at lease a coherent explanation. IMO after watching the video Elderts and Medeiros were defending themselves and were not the aggressors. If Elderts was the aggressor as you all claim (one of you said Elderts was going "bananas"), why did he turn to help Medeiros instead of just putting the beat down on Deedy? Elderts had Deedy on his back and could have easily did some "ground and pound" on Deedy. The answer is ELDERTS AND MEDEIROS WERE DEFENDING THEMSLEVES AND THEY WERE NOT THE AGGRESSORS
on July 24,2013 | 05:29PM
yhls wrote:
Allie sounds like a transplanted elderly male suffering from diarrhea of the mouth, compounded by a lack of any form of higher education.
on July 24,2013 | 05:29PM
HOSSANA wrote:
what more can I say....ha...ha..took the words right out of my mouth...ha..ha...
on July 24,2013 | 05:49PM
aomohoa wrote:
How come allie hasn't said "huh?"
on July 24,2013 | 07:50PM
aomohoa wrote:
Good guess. lol
on July 24,2013 | 07:49PM
eknu wrote:
he who is without sin cast the first stone - so no one writing comments ever did anything wrong so easy to crucify the one who is dead yeah how much do you know about your friends everyone has secrets some have addiction problems some gamble some beat their wife and kids but all you see is he is such a nice person but it has nothing to do with being shot dead in a fast food restaurant it is really sad that a lot of people here think that it is okay to kill a person but next time could be your family or friend then what
on July 24,2013 | 06:38PM
Mypualani wrote:
My Brother was Murdered in 2002, because of the life style he chose to live, no matter what I love him and miss him, He is my Baby Brother. I know it would hurt me like hell to read some of these comments about Elderts, My Hanai Brother Mike died last year this July, the comments and the jokes made about him from strangers were devastating. He was a beloved family member. I went off on some of those posters. His Mother gave me scolding's and was very hurt by my actions. I will never forget this the hurt and heartache on her face. so yeah I get it. I also Have 4 children 3 adults on pre-teen. So empathizing with the Elderts Ohana is not difficult at all.
on July 25,2013 | 12:01AM
RetiredWorking wrote:
Mypualani, my heart goes out to you and your family.
on July 25,2013 | 04:38PM
mongoosa wrote:
Google Kanthi Dealwis and see how credible she is.....isn't she the one who called a suicide and accident? Isn't she the one who was an embarrassment to the dept and was allowed to retire and then just stayed on as a contract.. Isn't she the same person who called a suicide and accident and vowed to reopen the case but never did....and blahblahblah
on July 24,2013 | 08:43PM
sailfish1 wrote:
Haven't you noticed yet that every time a person dies, everybody says the person was a "good", "fine", "upstanding" person? It's what people say about that person when he/she was alive that is closer to the truth. Besides, "good" kids don't get drunk in Waikiki bars, use illegal drugs, and go around bullying "haole" (i.e. showing racism) people. Only people who identify with his behavior would say he was "good"
on July 24,2013 | 09:00PM
Mypualani wrote:
Well it's out! testimony from one of the cashier's who witness Elderts talking to Perrine. " Elderts was asking Perrine if he could pay for his meal (Perrine's meal) how's that for a bully? and she testified that Deedy was intoxicated along with Ms. West.
on July 25,2013 | 12:21AM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I trust an ER doctor over a MCd's worker in regards to Deedy's intoxication.
on July 25,2013 | 01:56AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Latest News/Updates