comscore Kitchen fire causes evacuation at Hyatt Regency | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Kitchen fire causes evacuation at Hyatt Regency



Guests at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort and Spa were evacuated early this morning after a fire broke out in the hotel’s third floor kitchen, Honolulu Fire Capt. Terry Seelig said.

The fire was reported at 3:45 a.m. and guests were allowed back inside at 4:25 a.m., Seelig said.

The cause is unattended cooking in the kitchen and the damage was estimated at $1,000.

But Seelig said the fire appeared to occur in insulation behind a kitchen vent. Most of the damage was “clean up from smoke and water in the kitchen,” he said.



Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up