comscore Kaneohe homeowner hits gas line, sparking small fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Kaneohe homeowner hits gas line, sparking small fire

A Kaneohe townhouse owner working in his yard this morning punctured a small gas line, sparking a fire at an adjacent fence.

About 10 people living in the townhouse complex on Emepela Way in the Haiku Point subdivision were kept away from the site briefly while firefighters extinguished the small fire.

The Gas Company said no customers lost service.

The alarm was called in just after 7 this morning. The break was caused by a person who had been doing digging or landscaping in his yard, fire and Gas Co. officials said.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up