comscore Vendors must get permits to operate in Kauai parks | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Vendors must get permits to operate in Kauai parks



Under new Kauai County rules, anyone interested in conducting peddling and concessions at county parks, playgrounds and other facilities or on roads abutting these facilities must apply for a permit with the Department of Parks and Recreation.

Applications are available  at the Lihue Civic Center, 4444 Rice St. Suite 105.

Some examples of peddling operations at county parks include: surf schools; lunch wagons; weddings; and rental of beach equipment.

Any person violating the rules could face a fine of at least $200 and not more than $2,000 for each offense.

To access the complete list of rules and regulations relating to the commercial use of county parks and park facilities, go to http://www.kauai.go


Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up