comscore Electrical malfunction caused Ewa Beach house fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Electrical malfunction caused Ewa Beach house fire

Fire investigators determined that an electrical wiring malfunction was the cause of an Ewa Beach house fire Thursday, a fire official said.

Capt. Terry Seelig said the fire originated in a bedroom located in the back of the house.

It caused an estimated $275,000 in damage to the 1950s house and was accidental. 

Seelig said the wiring referred to was inside the walls and ceiling of the home.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up