BEIJING >> The official Xinhua News Agency says Chinese workers abducted in Sudan during a rebel attack on a work site have boarded a Red Cross plane to leave rebel territory.
The one-line report today did not state now many workers boarded the plane or provide any other details.
An official with the Foreign Ministry said they would look into the report.
State media earlier reported that the body of one of the workers who went missing had been found.
The man went missing Jan. 28 when a group belonging to the Sudan People’s Liberation Army attacked 47 Chinese workers at a road construction site. Seventeen others managed to escape and 29 were taken hostage.