comscore Faulty electrical wiring is cause of Waianae fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Faulty electrical wiring is cause of Waianae fire

Honolulu Fire Department investigators determined that faulty electrical wiring led to a fire that caused moderate damage to a two-story home in Waianae Sunday.

The Red Cross responded to the needs of a large family that was displaced by the noontime fire on Helelua Street.

Fire Capt. Terry Seelig said the electrical fire began on the first floor inside the walls and spread to the second floor. The blaze caused damage to a bedroom and bathroom on the second floor and to electrical wiring inside the wall.

Seelig said homeowners should have electrical wiring inspected periodically. Residents should be alert to odors, flickering lights, discoloration around sockets or switches or in the breaker box, as well as other signs of electrical problems, and have those checked by an electrician.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up