comscore Fire damages garage in Pahoa | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Fire damages garage in Pahoa

Hawaii County firefighters extinguished a structure fire that damaged the garage of a single-family house on Kekauonohi Place in Pahoa this afternoon.

The home was unoccupied when the fire broke out in the roofed garage, which was used as an outside kitchen, according to a county news release. Neighbors tried unsuccessfully to extinguish it before retreating when the flames came in contact propane tanks stored in the structure.

Firefighters arrived to find flames and smoke coming from the structure. They were able to bring the fire under control within 10 minutes and had it extinguished in less than an hour.

Damage was estimated at $1,000. No injuries were reported.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up