The future of the Pro Bowl could come into clearer focus beginning Tuesday when NFL owners meet in Atlanta.
A "wide range of issues is to be discussed, including the Pro Bowl," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an email to the Star-Advertiser.
It is a one-day meeting.
The annual all-star game was not on the agenda when the owners met in March in Palm Beach, Fla. and there has been no announcement whether a game will be played in 2013.
Hawaii has hosted the game every year but once (2010) since 1980. Hawaii’s contract with the NFL expired after the 2012 game. Retaining the game had been in doubt even before the players’ performance came under fire in the Jan. 29th game, a 59-41 NFC victory that drew loud and frequent boos.
Several reports have said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has considered suspending the game in 2013. McCarthy said today, "we have not made any decisions yet."