Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Tuesday, June 18, 2024 76° Today's Paper


Top News

Water heater douses its own fire in Kapahulu

A Kapahulu resident caught a lucky break when a water heater on the lanai of her apartment caught on fire late Saturday afternoon.

According to Honolulu Fire Department spokesperson Capt. Carlton Yamada, the fire caused a water pressure line on the heater to rupture, in turn dousing the fire with spraying water.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction. Damages included $500 to the structure and $400 to its contents.

Comments are closed.