comscore Navy housing fire traced to electrical malfunction | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Navy housing fire traced to electrical malfunction

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

Fire investigators believe an electrical malfunction started a fire that caused $5,000 worth of damage to the master bathroom in a Navy housing complex near Pearl Harbor on Thursday.

The fire was reported at 7:35 a.m. in the Catlin Park Navy housing near the Navy-Marine Golf Course and was brought under control 5 minutes later.

Four people escaped without injury after they were warned by a smoke detector.

Only the bathroom on the second floor was damaged.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up