comscore Fire scorches kitchen in Lahaina condo | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Fire scorches kitchen in Lahaina condo

Honolulu Star-Advertiser logo
Unlimited access to premium stories for as low as $12.95 /mo.
Get It Now

  • Three Maui hunters needed assistance from Makawao firefighters when they got disoriented by fog and darkness on the Waiakoa Loop Trail early this morning.

Faulty electrical equipment has been blamed for an early-morning fire that caused $5,000 worth of damage to a kitchen in the high-rise Kaanapali Ali condominium in Lahaina.

Maui firefighters from Lahaina, Napili, Kihei and Kahului responded to the 2:52 a.m. alarm at 50 Nohea Kai Dr. Guests in the building were evacuated.

The fire began in the kitchen in unit 351 on the 5th floor, fire officials said.

The fire was brought under control at 3:30 a.m.

Guest were allowed back in the building at 5 a.m.

No one was injured.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up