comscore Gas leak forces evacuation from Maui condo | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Gas leak forces evacuation from Maui condo


Occupants of a Wailuku apartment complex were evacuated for about an hour because of a gas leak Wednesday night.

Hawaii Gas was forced to shut the main valve for the propane tank at Kahekili Terrace in Happy Valley on Piihana Road just after 8:30 p.m. to stop a gas leak. A propane service line ruptured due to corrosion, according to Maui County Fire Department officials. Repairs to the line will be done today.

Occupants from six units of the apartment complex were evacuated until the leak was stopped.

No injuries were reported.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up