A child playing with matches started a fire that displaced a family of 10 from their home in Ewa Tuesday, a Honolulu Fire Department spokesman said.
The fire caused $80,000 damage to the home at 91-716 Koalipehu Street.
The fire began in a bedroom at 2:27 p.m., causing significant damage, and spread to a second room,
Six adults and four children live at the house. Five people home at the time escaped without serious injury, although a woman complained of smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene. The American Red Cross is helping the displaced family.
The cause of the fire is classified as accidental.