comscore Kitchen fire prompts evacuation of Maui strip mall | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Kitchen fire prompts evacuation of Maui strip mall

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

An unattended pot left on a stove is believed to have been the cause of a fire that caused $5,000 worth of damage to a kitchen at Waiehu Beach Center late Tuesday night in Kahului.

Approximately 40 people within the beach center at 270 Waiehu Beach Road were evacuated after firefighters responded to the 11:38 p.m. alarm. No injuries were reported.

The fire was contained to the kitchen of the Watercress Lounge, which was unoccupied at the time. The fire damaged a stove and a wall and was extinguished at 12:51 a.m. 

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up