comscore State assures 4,500 Medicaid patients benefits won't be cut | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

State assures 4,500 Medicaid patients benefits won’t be cut

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

The state Medicaid program notified 4,500 aged, blind or disabled individuals last month that their benefits would end on a certain date, but now says that is not the case.

“The Department of Human Services wants to reassure beneficiaries who continue to meet financial and clinical eligibility criteria that they will continue to receive long-term care services regardless of the end date stated in a recently received notice,” DHS said. “There have been no changes to eligibility criteria for aged, blind or disabled individuals, or for long-term care services.”

The notices were generated “as a result of adding new long-term care functionality” to DHS’ $95 million eligibility system, the state said. The system has been plagued with software problems since it launched on Oct. 1.

The state sent the notices from May 16 to 30 to medical assistance beneficiaries who receive long-term care services in facilities and community-based settings, as well as in their own homes.

DHS said it will be mailing letters to beneficiaries to provide clarification.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up