comscore Man acquitted of assault of barber over haircut | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Man acquitted of assault of barber over haircut

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

WHEATON, Ill. >> An Illinois man has been acquitted of assault and gun charges after pointing a BB gun at a barber who gave him a “disappointing” haircut.

The Daily Herald reports a judge ruled Monday that there’s no proof Anthony Oplinger knowingly and unlawfully used a BB gun when he pointed it at the Bensenville barber in November 2013. David Capales of the Barber Lounge testified he was awakened from a nap by an armed customer whose hair he had cut earlier that day.

Capales said an argument ensued. Another barber told the pair to take it outside of the break room. Capales said he was able to calm Oplinger down and persuade him to leave.

Capales said he offered Oplinger a refund immediately after the haircut, when the Wood Dale expressed displeasure.

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up