comscore Blowtorch touches off Portlock house fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Blowtorch touches off Portlock house fire

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

A two-alarm house fire in Portlock on Wednesday morning was touched off by a contractor working on a rain gutter with a blowtorch, which accidentally started the blaze in the roof area and in attic space, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

The home’s two occupants were not at the house, 305 Portlock Road, when the fire was reported at about 11:30 a.m., said Honolulu Fire Department Capt. David Jenkins.

Ten companies responded and brought the fire under control by 12:09 p.m., he said. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters entering the attic space used Compressed Air Foam System to put out the flames and prevent the fire from spreading.  

The fire was brought under control at 12:09 p.m. and fully extinguished at 12:20 p.m. 

The fire caused an estimated at $50,000 in damage to the structure and $20,000 to the house contents.  

Comments have been disabled for this story...

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up