comscore Fire caused by air conditioner damages Maui home | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Fire caused by air conditioner damages Maui home

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

Maui firefighters responded to a Tuesday morning blaze at a home in Wai­ehu and found the air conditioner on fire.

The room was being used as a business office, the Maui County Fire Department said in a news release.

A woman was home at the time and smelled smoke. She evacuated after finding the air conditioner on fire, the department said.

The fire broke out at 11:12 a.m. Tuesday. Firefighters arrived at 11:21 a.m. and saw smoke coming from the back of the house. Fire crews contained the fire in four minutes to the room of origin and extinguished it at 12:50 p.m.

The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the structure and $20,000 in damage to its contents. No one was injured.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up