Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Sunday, June 23, 2024 84° Today's Paper


Top News

Hiker rescued after bee stings cause allergic reaction

Maui firefighters and paramedics rescued a hiker who suffered an allergic reaction to bee stings in the Ukumehame Valley in West Maui Monday.

The 72-year-old man was hiking with another man when they encountered the bees. The victim did not have his Epi-pen with him, the Maui Fire Department reported.

Lahaina firefighters and paramedics were called at about 4:43 p.m. and reached the hiker who suffered severe allergic reactions to multiple bee stings, at about 5:30 p.m.

The man was unable to walk out on his own so the fire department’s Air 1 helicopter took the man to a landing zone on Ehehene Street, where a waiting ambulance took the victim  to the Maui Memorial Medical Center in stable condition. 

Comments are closed.