Stage Restaurant executive chef Ron de Guzman and sous-chef Joy Yamane visit the “What’s Cooking Hawaii?” kitchen to demonstrate their Seared Island Ahi “BLT” sandwich and Marcona Almond-Honey Mustard Crusted Colorado Lamb Chop entree.
Kapiolani Community College chef-instructor Grant Sato hosts.
Here are Stage’s recipes for the glaze that tops the chop and the herb crust that covers the glaze.
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZE
- 9 ounces Dijon mustard (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 7 ounces (about 1/2 cup) honey
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Zest of 2-1/2 lemons
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
“What’s Cooking Hawaii?” airs on KFVE at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and repeats at 3 p.m. Saturdays.