Eight people escaped a fire that broke out in a two-story home in Makaha today.
Shortly before 11 a.m., 32 firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at 85-038 Farrington Highway. The fire was confined to the kitchen and was brought under control by 11:08 a.m. The blaze was fully extinguished by 11:19 a.m.
A resident said the cause of the fire was food cooking and left unattended, according to Honolulu Fire Capt. David Jenkins.
Eight people were inside the home at the time of the fire and escaped without injury. The American Red Cross is responding to assist residents.
The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the structure and its contents.