comscore Dryer causes Kona condo fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Dryer causes Kona condo fire

Fire caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to a unit in the Kona Pacific Condominium today.

The blaze, first reported just before 11 a.m., originated in a dryer in a fifth-floor apartment and spread to the unit’s entryway, according to a Hawaii County Fire Department report.

The fire was fully extinguished by 11:20 p.m.

The occupant of the unit was able to escape without injury. Another resident activated a fire alarm and evacuated other residents from the building. Firefighters also assisted a disabled woman in evacuating from the building.

No injuries were reported.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Scroll Up