Hawaii island firefighters responded to a fire at a home in Ocean View Sunday afternoon.
The fire broke out at an unpermitted single-story residential structure at 92-8707 Bamboo Lane shortly before 2:20 p.m. When firefighters arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames, said the Hawaii County Fire Department in a news release.
The occupants of the home escaped the fire before firefighters arrived. Firefighters brought the blaze under control at 3:20 p.m. and extinguished it at 4:50 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire was a possible malfunction of a generator under the structure, according to the fire department. Damage to the home was estimated at $25,000.