Maui County Charter amendment questions on the 2016 general election ballot:
1. Shall Sections 11-4 and 11-5 of the Charter be amended to correct clerical errors and to provide consistency within the Charter by allowing an individual to withdraw their signature from a supplemental petition?
2. Shall Section 11-5 of the Charter be amended to allow the County Clerk twenty (20) days to review a supplemental petition, instead of ten (10) days?
3. Shall the Charter be amended to change the name of the Civil Defense Agency to the Maui County Emergency Management Agency?
4. Shall the Charter be amended to require Council approval of the Mayor’s appointment of the Managing Director, Director of Finance, Director of Public Works, Director of Parks and Recreation, Planning Director, Director of Housing and Human Concerns, Director of Transportation, and Director of Environmental Management and to allow additional qualifications for department directors to be established by ordinance?
5. Shall Sections 3-6, 3-7, and 8-2.3 of the Charter be amended to allow attorneys within the Office of Council Services, in addition to the attorneys within the Department of the Corporation Counsel, to serve as legal advisors to the Council and its members, and to allow the Council to designate, by two-thirds vote of its entire membership, attorneys within the Office of Council Services as special counsel to serve as legal representatives for any special matter presenting a real necessity for such employment?