comscore HECO worker suffers shock in Mililani | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

HECO worker suffers shock in Mililani

A Hawaiian Electric Co. employee was taken to the hospital in critical condition today after he was apparently shocked while working on an electrical line in Mililani, authorities said.

The man, who is in his 40s, was part of a four-person crew handling a standard repair job on Wailawa Street when the man touched a primary line about noon, HECO spokesman Peter Rosegg said.

“He was injured,” Rosegg said. “There were definitely some burns over parts of his body.”

Paramedics responded to a call at 11:56 a.m. and took the man to a burn center in critical condition, said James Ireland, acting director for the Honolulu Emergency Services Department.

Rosegg said the man’s vital signs were good. He did not say how long the man has worked for HECO.

No one else was hurt.

HECO has opened an investigation into the accident.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up