Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Wednesday, May 29, 2024 76° Today's Paper


Top News

Malfunctioning motorcycle causes Makakilo house fire

1/1
Swipe or click to see more

Jamm Aquino / jaquino@staradvertiser.com

 

A Makakilo house fire was caused by an electrical malfunction on a motorcycle parked in the garage Sunday, a Fire Department spokesman said.

Fire Capt. Rick Karasaki said the  fire, which an estimated $130,000 in damage at the house located at 92-2045 Kulihi St. 

That includes $100,000 to the structure and $30,000 to its contents, including the motorcycle and two cars.

The fire was confined to the garage, Karasaki said.

Two residents had just returned home when they smelled smoke One tried to put the blaze out with a fire extinguisher, Karasaki said.

 

Comments are closed.