comscore Faulty electrical outlet is cause of Punahou fire | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Faulty electrical outlet is cause of Punahou fire

[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

A fire that broke out Sunday morning inside the second-floor unit of a 12-story residential building in the Punahou area was caused by a malfunctioning outlet behind a bedroom nightstand.

Damage was estimated at $5,000.

Firefighters took 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported, HFD said.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up