comscore Man injured after oven blast from gas leak in Waianae | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Man injured after oven blast from gas leak in Waianae

A man was injured when a gas leak from the oven he was using caused an explosion in a Waianae residence this afternoon.

The Honolulu Fire Department said the incident occurred at 87-919 Kulauku Street just before 3 p.m., when neighboring residents were evacuated as a precaution and the gas to the home was shut off.

The victim, in his 20s, reported that he had been cooking when the oven door exploded, said HFD. He was treated for burns and transported to a hospital.

A crew from the Hawaii Gas Company and HFD hazardous materials personnel tested the air quality before allowing residents to return by 4:04 p.m.

Comments (4)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Leave a Reply

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up