comscore Firefighters respond to fire at Ko Olina eatery | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Firefighters respond to fire at Ko Olina eatery

Honolulu firefighters were extinguishing a grease trap fire this morning at a Ko Olina eatery.

Honolulu Fire Capt. Michael Jones said firefighters were dispatched at about 10 a.m. to 92-1083 Olani St. and found the fire at Monkeypod Kitchen, a first-floor restaurant in a two-story commercial building.

The fire caused a large amount of smoke to exit from a roof vent, prompting building management to evacuate the property, Jones said.

Firefighters doused the smoldering grease with water and were still mopping up around noon. No one was hurt.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up