comscore Stove left on leads to fire at Korean restaurant in Kapolei | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Stove left on leads to fire at Korean restaurant in Kapolei

Firefighters extinguished a fire at an eatery at Kapolei Shopping Center Monday night.

Shortly after 10:05 p.m., firefighters responded to the fire at a Korean restaurant at 590 Farrington Highway. When firefighters arrived, they observed smoke coming from the rear of the building.

Honolulu Fire Spokesman Capt. David Jenkins said the fire was isolated to the stove area inside the restaurant. Firefighters brought the fire under control at 10:20 p.m. and extinguished it shortly afterward.

No injuries were reported.

The restaurant was unoccupied at the time of the fire. Jenkins said the stove was inadvertently left on. The cause was determined to be accidental.

A damage estimate has not been determined at this time.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up