comscore Maui first responders revive sugar worker after electrocution | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Maui first responders revive sugar worker after electrocution

A 61-year-old Hawaii Commercial & Sugar Co. worker was hospitalized after being electrocuted while fixing a power line in Paia.

Maui police responded to North Firebreak Road off of Haleakala Highway at about 3:50 p.m. Tuesday. When patrol officers arrived, they found the 61-year-old man unresponsive. An automated external defibrillator was used in attempt to revive him to no avail.

Police said medics and fire rescue personnel arrived and administered life-saving efforts. He was transported to Maui Memorial Medical Center in critical condition, but has since had improved to stable condition.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up