It’s just over a week until the deadline in this year’s “By Request” Top 5 recipe offer, a fundraiser for the Good Neighbor Fund, the Honolulu Star- Advertiser’s holiday charity.
Send us $5 and we’ll send you the best recipes published in “By Request” this year. All proceeds go to the support families in need.
Deadline for orders is Dec. 14.
1. Beef Curry Stew: A local-style plate-lunch favorite
2. Stuffed Winter Melon Slices: Pork hash filling for a togan or long squash
3. Flamingo-Style Beef Cutlet: From the venerable restaurant
4. Thank Goodness PBJ Bars: Designed to use up leftover hurricane supplies
5. Animal Cracker Furikake Snack Mix: Good for holiday gifts
HOW TO ORDER
>> Cost is $5 for each set of recipes. If you want four sets, send $20. It’s an all-for-one deal, we can’t break the set so, sorry, you can’t cherry pick.
>> Make checks payable to the Good Neighbor Fund. If you’d like to make an additional donation, we’ll pass it on, just be clear about how many sets of recipes you want.
>> Include a self-addressed, stamped, legal-sized envelope (4-by-9 inches) for each set. If you want four sets, send four envelopes. A standard 50-cent stamp per envelope is adequate.
>> Mail to: “By Request Top 5,” Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 7 Waterfront Plaza Suite 210, Honolulu, HI 96813.
>> Snail mail only. No fax or email orders.
Write By Request, Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 7 Waterfront Plaza, Suite 210, Honolulu 96813; or email requests to email@example.com.