comscore Fireworks burn wicker chair and wall of Maili home | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Fireworks burn wicker chair and wall of Maili home

New Year’s Eve fireworks burned the wall of a Maili home and set a nearby wicker chair on fire before bystanders used a garden hose to extinguish the flames.

Home security video shows that fireworks caused the fire at 8:34 p.m., and the Honolulu Fire Department reported that the bystanders extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived. The incident caused an estimated $5,000 in damages.

The occupants of the home were not there at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Comments (4)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Scroll Up