comscore Manu Ginobili says he will be back for 15th NBA season | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Sports Breaking

Manu Ginobili says he will be back for 15th NBA season

  • ASSOCIATED PRESS

    San Antonio Spurs’ Manu Ginobili (20) passes the ball around Toronto Raptors’ DeMar DeRozan during the second half of an NBA basketball game, Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, in Toronto. The Spurs won 111-106.

BAHIA BLANCA, Argentina >> Manu Ginobili says he is coming back for a 15th season in the NBA.

Ginobili made the announcement on his personal blog Sunday. He turns 39 this month and declared himself a free agent last month after declining a player option for 2016-17 with the San Antonio Spurs.

Ginobili didn’t say if he would be back in San Antonio, though it has been widely presumed that if he continued playing, he would stay with the Spurs. He did say that he would have more news to share soon.

He has spent each of his NBA seasons so far in San Antonio, where it’s still unclear if Tim Duncan will return for what would be a 20th season. Ginobili averaged 9.6 points this past season, shooting 39 percent from 3-point range.

Ginobili expected is to play in the Rio Olympics for Argentina next month.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Leave a Reply

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature

Scroll Up