Maui firefighters suspect leaking propane cylinder, not Christmas tree, caused fire
911 Report | Hawaii News | Top News

Maui firefighters suspect leaking propane cylinder, not Christmas tree, caused fire

Maui firefighters responded to a report of a Christmas tree on fire on a balcony Mondat evening at Kihei Villages.

When they arrived, residents had already extinguished a second-story balcony fire that broke out at about 7 p.m.

The Maui Fire Department said it appeared to have resulted from a leaking five-gallon propane cylinder, but no Christmas tree was involved.

The tank was leaking and moved away from residents and structures.

A Hazmat team transferred the remaining propane into a functioning tank.

No one was injured in the fire.

Comments (0)

By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the Terms of Service. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. If your comments are inappropriate, you may be banned from posting. Report comments if you believe they do not follow our guidelines.

Having trouble with comments? Learn more here.

Scroll Up