comscore Surfer who died off Portlock is identified | Honolulu Star-Advertiser
Top News

Surfer who died off Portlock is identified

  • GOOGLE MAPS
    A 54-year-old man died while surfing at the popular surf spot "Seconds" off Portlock Tuesday morning.
[ AD HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS STORY ]

The Honolulu medical examiner identified a 54-year-old surfer who died Tuesday morning as Shogo Kubo of Hawaii Kai.

An autopsy will be performed Wednesday to determine the cause of death.

Police said the man who had been surfing was found unresponsive at about 8:30 a.m. in waters off a beach in the Portlock area.

Police said Emergency Medical Services personnel treated Kubo at the scene, where he was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:25 a.m.

Click here to see our full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Submit your coronavirus news tip.

Be the first to know
Get web push notifications from Star-Advertiser when the next breaking story happens — it's FREE! You just need a supported web browser.
Subscribe for this feature
Comments have been disabled for this story...

Scroll Up