Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Thursday, July 25, 2024 76° Today's Paper


Top News

Defendants in Wahiawa shootout acquitted of attempted murder

A Circuit Court jury found two men not guilty today of attempted-murder charges in what police said was a failed home invasion in which the two were shot and wounded in Wahiawa last year.

The jury did, however, find Shane Flores, 39, guilty of kidnapping one of the residents, an admitted drug dealer, and of three firearms possession charges. The jury also found Floyd Orsborn, 29, guilty of one firearm possession charge.

A third defendant, alleged getaway car driver Robert Logsdon, was acquitted of drug charges.

Orsborn testified he and Flores went to a Kilea Place home on March 30, 2010 with loaded handguns and their faces covered to beat up the kidnapping victim, whom Flores said had ripped him off.

The victim, a 29-year-old man, said he got in a struggle for one of the assailants’ guns. He was shot in the arm.

The victim’s girlfriend, 27, said she got her handgun and fired at the masked men. Of the nine shots she fired, three each hit Orsborn and Flores.

As they were fleeing the house, Orsborn said he and Flores shot back at whoever was firing at them.

The woman said she and her boyfriend bought a shotgun and a handgun after they were robbed in the home by masked men the year before.

Comments are closed.