State Department of Education: Tuesday at the Queen Liliuokalani Building, 1390 Miller St., Room 404
• Audit Committee meeting: 9 a.m.
• Student Achievement Committee meeting: 11 a.m.
• General business meeting: 1:30 p.m.
>> Downtown: 7 p.m. Thursday at Hawaii Pacific University, 1 Aloha Tower Drive, Multipurpose Room 2. Agenda includes:
• Safe Haven presentation on homelessness.
• River of Life organization activities.
>> Kailua: 7 p.m. Thursday at Kailua Recreation Center, 21 S. Kainalu Drive. Agenda includes:
• Mangrove eradication in Kawainui Stream.
• Hawaiian Electric grid optimization project.
>> Kuliouou/Kalani Iki: 7 p.m. Thursday at Aina Haina Public Library, 5246 Kalanianaole Highway. Agenda includes:
• Aina Haina Shopping Center.
• Papahehi Place fire hydrant concerns.
• Kalani High School girls locker room construction and traffic flow plan.
>> Manoa: 7 p.m. Wednesday at Noelani Elementary School cafeteria, 2655 Woodlawn Drive. Agenda includes:
• University of Hawaii long-range plan.
>> McCully/Moiliili: 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Washington Middle School cafeteria, 1633 S. King St. Agenda includes:
• Impact of UH-Manoa events on community — crime, parking, etc.
>> Waianae Coast: 7 p.m. Aug. 2 at Waianae District Park, Multipurpose Room, 85-601 Farrington Highway. Agenda includes:
• Waianae Coast candidates forum.